皇家国际开户The Mid-Autumn Festival, which falls on October 1st this year, is a traditional Chinese festival with the joint customs of family reunion and mooncakes. The traditional foods for the Mid-Autumn Festival are making headlines as this year's Festival approaches.
(Photo: Xiao Xiong)
Do you fancy making mooncakes by yourself? Here is your chance to try your hand at making both traditional baked mooncakes and new style ice skin mooncakes by the beautiful Pearl River in Guangzhou!
皇家国际开户Newsgd.com (GDToday) is working with Thumb Holiday to present our subscribers an amazing mooncake making event by the Pearl River on September 19th.
GDToday and Thumb Holiday's fans activity: mooncake making experience by the Pearl River
Time: 13:30-17:30, Saturday, September 19th, 2020
Venue: Revolving Restaurant, 16F, Aiqun Hotel
Add.:皇家国际开户 No. 113 Yanjiang Xi Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou (广州市越秀区沿江西路113号)
Nearest bus stop: Aiqun Dasha station (爱群大厦站)
Nearest metro station:皇家国际开户 Yide Lu (一德路), Line 6 (use Exit A)
● 13:00-13:30 Register at the Revolving Restaurant;
● 13:30-14:00 Visit the museum of Aiqun Hotel;
● 皇家国际开户14:00-14:15 Back to the Revolving Restaurant;
● 14:15-15:00 Hotel chef explains the Mid-Autumn Festival customs and mooncake culture, and demonstrates how to make traditional baked mooncakes & ice skin mooncakes;
● 15:00-17:00 Make mooncakes in groups under hotel chef's guidance, and enjoy high tea;
● 皇家国际开户17:00-17:30 Taste the mooncakes, pack and take away the mooncakes made by yourself.
(Photo provided to Newsgd.com)
● 皇家国际开户Try your hand at making traditional baked mooncakes & ice skin mooncakes;
● Enjoy high tea in a revolving restaurant by the Pearl River;
● An exclusive tour around the Aiqun Hotel, a landmark of the old Guangzhou.
Fee: 48RMB per person (Same fee applies to both children and adults)
Note: This is a special offer for GDToday's fans, and it is the actual cost of the materials for making mooncakes. Please wear a mask on your way to the hotel, and prepare your Suikang or Yuekang code for checking upon arrival at the hotel.
High tea at the Revolving Restaurant at Aiqun Hotel by the Pearl River (Photo provided to Newsgd.com)
1. Buffet high tea;
皇家国际开户2. Mooncake making experience;
3. Take away the finished mooncakes (2 baked mooncakes + 2 ice skin mooncakes);
4. Visit Aiqun Hotel;
皇家国际开户5. English speaking guide;
皇家国际开户6. Souvenir of Thumb Holiday;
Services not included:
1. Transportation to Aiqun Hotel
(Photo: Xiao Xiong)
How to sign up:
1. Scan the following QR code to fill out the application form and submit it.
皇家国际开户2. After successful submission, you will receive an email with the payment code.
3. Scan the QR code to pay the fee with WeChat Pay, and then you will receive another confirmation email, that means you have signed up for the event successfully.
Sitting in the Revolving Restaurant of Aiqun Hotel, you can enjoy delicious high tea and overlook the beautiful Pearl River and the amazing views on both riversides. A tour around the Aiqun Hotel with our English-speaking guide will show you more about the landmark building and its moving stories.
Under the guidance of professional chefs from the hotel, you will be able to make your own mooncakes and take them back home to enjoy with your family and friends. Join us now to prepare an unforgettable Mid-Autumn Festival in Guangzhou!
Aiqun Hotel (Photo provided to Newsgd.com)
About Aiqun Hotel
皇家国际开户Founded in 1937, Aiqun Hotel was the most modern and luxurious hotel in China at that time, enjoying the reputation of "the crown of South China". The landmark building is the first high-rise building with steel frame structure in Guangzhou and the tallest building in South China back then. It is also a typical arcade building with Guangzhou characteristics.
皇家国际开户From 1950s to early 1960s, Aiqun Hotel was an important place for foreign activities in Guangzhou. It is said that at that time, the consulates of various countries in Guangzhou would specifically ask for chefs and waiters from Aiqun Hotel to cater for their receptions and parties.
皇家国际开户Today's Aiqun Hotel is a cultural relic protection unit in Guangzhou. Nearby there is Guangzhou Folk Financial Street, Shangxiajiu Commercial Pedestrian Street, and wholesale markets around Yide Road, Culture Park and Thirteen Hongs.
皇家国际开户Author | Monica
Editor | Olivia & Jerry